Monday 25 February 2008

strijdom van der merwe

Attended Strijdom van der Merwe's exhibition opening on Saturday at Dorp Street Gallery in Stellenbosch. The concept is really interesting, and this is basically the preparation work for the installation of land art. The installation will be taking place at the Klein Karoo Kunste Fees in Oudtshoorn. So if anyone is there and sees this installation PLEASE take some pics and send them too me!!! As I find Strijdoms installations are awesome!



Strijdom has asked 45 South African authors to write some Haikoes, these are about the land, the people, etc, all in afrikaans. These will be displayed in the landscape as illustrated. I think it will be very powerful!



1 comment:

Denise Kiggan said...

Glad you got there and were able to take so many lovely pics. I am sorry I did not get to see it!