So here you go:
1. In primary school I took woodwork as a subject instead of needlework, and subsequently three other girls in our school also started taking woodwork instead of needlework.
2. I bought my first SERIOUS artwork in high school - it was a tiny Pieter van der Westhuizen etching, bought it at a gallery in Sanlam Centre in Parow.
3. I traveled to Sri Lanka by myself in March 1999 to view Geoffrey Bawa's buildings... and was totally worth it - after I got over the culture schock of course! He is still by far my FAVOURITE architect - AWESOME work!
4. In second year at University I hated architecture so much that I just wanted to complete the three year degree and then apply to Elsenburg College to study farming (I still have the admission forms!)
5. In my practical year I went for driving lessons and got my lorry licence (up to 16 tons)- just in case I would need it for when I was working on my farm...
6. In third year we visited Gawie Fagan's home in Camps Bay - as part of a building construction project, and as I ascended the staircase from the living room to the bedroom area I got butterflies in my stomach and thought: How can one become anything else but an architect! = )
7. I am addicted to further education! I feel that if I am not doing something to better myself I will waste away! (strange, I know, but I think I can blame it on my gemini personality...)
Here are the rules:
Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share seven random and or weird things about yourself. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are my tags:
design for mankind http://designformankind.blogspot.com/
cheeky beaks http://cheekybeaks.blogspot.com/
camilla engman http://camillaengman.blogspot.com/
debi van zyl http://debivanzyl.blogspot.com/