Wednesday 12 March 2008

my first attempt...

I bumped into Nic Bladen http://www.nicbladen.com/ last year at the end of year sale of a few artists at their studio in Woodstock. We had a short chat and I told him that I was doing bronze casting classes. I still joked with him to say that not to worry as I won't cast flowers and other natural materials. He then said no I should try it, and so I did...

Needless to say that my specimens are not anything CLOSE to his exquisite masterpieces, but for a first attempt and my limited experience I am over the moon with these little gems!!! I am going to transform them into earrings and will so enjoy wearing these beautifull creations which I just immortalised! So thanks for the suggestion Nic http://fourwallsdesign.blogspot.com/2008/02/nic-bladen.html I am really enjoying the process, allthough not even close to yours!

2 comments:

Denise Kiggan said...

Well Done!! Hiw delightful to be able to wear your own work of art! Keep going!

Jesse said...

Those are lovely - they're going to look amazing as earrings.