Monday 11 October 2010

some more ceramics...

Here are some more pieces that I liked. Some are quite quirky! ; ) Above Nienke van der Meulen's Home coming Series 1 & 2. I love the shape, the colour, texture & detail!
These captured/caged hearts I thought were really sweet! They were created by Elza Grobler and are called Green, Red, White & Orange.
I liked the architectural quality of these City Lights by Carolyn Heidenrych.
This wild dog almost looks like a type of a Mickey Mouse with the large black ears. There is something about it that attracted me... "Meat" by Elizabeth Balcomb.
And then What can I say... I am a bit of a sucker : ) I just LOVE this dog of Rae Goosen's! It's part of a larger piece called Pie in the Sky, but the dog was just a absolute CLASSIC!
And to end off today's session, here are the organizers, selectors & judge! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos. 'Meat' is my favourite (though Elizabeth is my sister, so of course I am a little biased). Very exciting to see such original ceramic artists though. http://elizabethbalcomb.co.za/#blog.html